At Macmillan, we know how a cancer diagnosis can affect everything and we’re here to support cancer sufferers, their friends, families and carers from the point of diagnosis, through treatment and beyond. From help with money worries and advice about work, to someone who’ll listen – we’ll always be there.
With 2.5 million people currently living with cancer we need your support more than ever. By running and fundraising for Team Macmillan in the Brighton Half you will help ensure that none of these people face cancer alone. Our specific charity places in the race have now sold out, but if you already have a standard place, we’d love you to join us.
In return we’ll support you every step of the way – our amazing runners receive:
- A fundraising pack full of all the resources you need to smash your fundraising target
- A free Team Macmillan technical running vest or t-shirt, plus iron on letters to customise your kit
- Access to the Macmillan training zone to make sure you are fighting fit on race day
- Newsletters to keep you up to date with Macmillan news and activities
- The best support on race day from our world-famous cheer-points
- Exclusive access to our hospitality marquee on race day with much needed refreshments and high fives a plenty.
So help us make history and smash our £130,000 fundraising target which could:
- help run a large Macmillan information and support centre for a year
- support our cancer support specialists run our Macmillan Support Line phone service for a week, answering 2,807 calls and emails from people who want questions answered, need practical or financial support, or just want to chat.
- pay for a Macmillan nurse for three years, helping people living with cancer and their families receive essential medical, practical and emotional support.
What are you waiting for? – sign up now!