James Masterton, physiotherapist at Sundial Clinics, shares his three secrets to prevent running injuries – and explains how to save £50 off Sundial’s Runners Training Package for Brighton Half runners.
As a keen runner myself, I know that running injuries are extremely common. However, being a physio, I also know the best way to prevent these injuries and how to recover quickly if I do get injured. Here at Sundial we believe we have the secrets for staying injury free and we would love to share these with you…
Getting the basics right should be the starting point for any runner. Assessing your footwear and taking some video footage of your running style can help eliminate poor movement patterns and training error that may lead to injury.
Understanding past and present injuries, training plans and personal goals is a great way of preventing injury and helping you to stay on track with your training. A physio assessment will help to highlight range of movement, postural and strength issues that could have a negative effect on your running.
Massage is a great way to improve flexibility and avoid muscle fatigue. A regular massage will allow you to train more efficiently and help you to recover quicker.
Now that you know the secrets, here’s the Runners Training Package available at Sundial:
1 hour physiotherapy assessment including video gait analysis:
- A full review of your current and past injuries, medical history, weekly exercise/training plans and personal goals
- A full physical examination assessing current injuries, balance, range of movement, flexibility and strength
- A series of videos on the treadmill to assess your running gait
- Advice on how to address any identified issues, including a personalised exercise programme.
30 minute physiotherapy follow up session:
- A review of your current exercise programme
- Further examination of your current injuries or niggles
- A progression and guidance of your current exercises
- Advice on how best to warm up, cool down, stretching and foam rolling.
1 hour sports massage with the Sundial massage team:
- A tailored sports massage to target those pre or post run aching muscles
- To be used at anytime during your training or post race.
The normal value of these combined treatments is £149. The Sundial Runners Training Package is a bargain at £99, saving you a massive £50! (All sessions included in this package can be used anytime between the 1st of January and the 30th of September 2018).
To enquire about this offer or make an appointment, please call Sundial Clinics on either 01273 774 114 or 01273 696 414.