At any time, Chestnut Tree House cares for around 300 children with life-shortening conditions, all of whom are unlikely to reach adulthood, by helping families at our hospice and in their own homes live For the Now.
Our 2019 Brighton Half Marathon team will raise vital funds and awareness of Chestnut Tree House and will significantly help our campaign to reach every life-limited child in East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire.
All our care is offered to families free of charge, which costs over £3.9million a year. We receive less than 7% of this from central government, so really do rely on amazing supporters like you to help us to continue to help more families live life to the full.
As a Chestnut Tree House runner, we’re with you all the way. By joining our team and committing to raise £200, you’ll get:
- A bespoke Chestnut Tree House running vest.
- Support along your training and fundraising journey.
- Direct contact with our team of Chestnut Tree House runners.
- A post-race reception with refreshments and massage.
- A Team Chestnut cheer squad to encourage you on the course.
It takes more than you think to keep Chestnut Tree House going and your support makes a huge and real difference in the lives of children, young adults, and their families across Sussex.
- £220: will allow a member of our Community Team to provide a few hours specialist nursing care in a child’s home, allowing the parents or carers to spend quality time together.
- £285: will provide for one hour of all care services at Chestnut Tree House and in the community.
- £675: will allow a child to spend a night at Chestnut Tree House, where they will receive specialist care from our nursing team and enjoy the hospice’s facilities.
- £887: will allow a nurse to support a family immediately following bereavement, helping them to plan the funeral and to say their final goodbyes to their child.
- £1,500: will allow our Community Team to host a Family Day for 20 families, providing a range of activities and information for the whole family to enjoy.
- £1,953: will allow a child to spend a 3-night break at Chestnut Tree House where they will receive round the clock specialist care and symptom management from our nursing team, whilst mum and dad get the chance to “recharge their batteries”.
Join Team Chestnut. For yourself. For local families. For living. For making precious memories. For the Now.
If you have any questions about joining Team Chestnut or your fundraising, please feel free to call us anytime on 01903 706355, we are here to help you throughout your fundraising journey with us.