Running food doesn’t have to mean soggy pasta. Chef Alan White from luxury restaurant GB1 in The Brighton Grand – one of our race partners this year – has created a selection of runner recipes which not only replenish energy stores but taste delicious.
Monkfish, Tender Stem Broccoli & Brown Pasta
Serves 2. Great to carb load ahead of a long run, or after a run to refuel.
Download a PDF of the recipe here.
100gm monkfish (collops, your local fishmonger can advise)
3gm black pepper
50gm brown penne pasta
50gl tender stem broccoli (remove 1” from the bottom)
6 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
6 olives (cut cheeks)
10gm chopped parsley
10gm shallots (diced)
½ red pepper (burn skin off with blow torch or naked flame, deseed and cut into squares)
30ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Blanch pasta in boiling salted water and refresh.
2. Cut monkfish into collops and pan fry in olive oil for 2-3 minutes, then turn them.
3. Add tender stem broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Drop pasta back into boiling hot water for 1 minute and then drain.
5. Add drained pasta to the pan.
5. Add skinless red pepper, cherry tomatoes, shallots, capers, parsley, olives and olive oil. Mix together for 30 seconds.
6. Serve as the photo above and enjoy!