The Brighton Half Marathon is one of the biggest events in the city’s calendar and we want YOU to join us as an exclusive runner and fundraiser for Team Beacon!
You can find out more about our work by visiting our website.
Our runners have helped us since the race was founded, raising funds and representing people living with HIV at one of Brighton’s biggest events.
The team’s accolades include:
Our celebrity runner this year is Zoe Lyons, a comedian known for her appearances on Survivor and Mock The Week.
Our new race sponsors
We are delighted to announce that sponsoring Team Beacon this year will be The Sussex Freemasons.
The Sussex Freemasons have been long term supporters of The Sussex Beacon and we are extremely thankful for their continued assistance and sponsorship.
In addition we would like to thank long term friend of The Sussex Beacon Andrew Buchan of Glencairn Consulting Limited. Andrew has been a continuous backer of Team Beacon. We would not be where we are now without that support and we are forever grateful for his support over many years.
Why be part of #TeamBeacon?
- Meet family and friends before and after the race with exclusive access to the Sussex Beacon Marquee
- Refreshments, hot food, and toilets only for our runners
- Exclusive family cheering point New for 2021!
- Team Beacon technical running vest
- Team Beacon medal (in addition to race finishers medal) New for 2021!
- Team Beacon members only facebook group for news, tips and motivation
- Support and advice from our challenge events fundraiser to help you smash your target.
- A reason to keep going! Knowing that you are helping improve the lives of local people living with HIV in Sussex.
Tom Oakden has brought a group of runners to Team Beacon for the last 5 years, and here’s why:
“I decided to run for the Sussex Beacon as have some friends who have been served so excellently by you. To be available 365 days of the year, helping serve people in real need, I find it a privilege to be fundraising to support that, for our city.
“Sponsorship is so much more than raising money. There’s much opportunity to bring awareness that the Beacon is simply there, what you do, your history, and the reality of the needs that you serve. So many people seem to have an affection to the Sussex Beacon, a lot from personal association which is a brilliant encouragement.”
How to join Team Beacon
2021 places are now open. Go to Eventize to buy tickets or click the button below.
Resources & Help
Visit our #TeamBeacon page on our website which includes: fundraising and JustGiving tips and guidance, a printable sponsorship form, a fundraising planner, and a competition sheet.
Once you have signed up to the race, click here to set up your personalised JustGiving page in just a few simple steps so you can start fundraising!
Any questions? Call us on 01273 034800.